Saturday 9 May 2009

There is something about Google Docs

.
I never heard about Google Docs before but I rember that once I heard talking about something similar during an exam. The professor asked me to list all the different possibilities to save information so as to read them even when I wasn’t at home. The only possibility which I didn’t mention (and probably the only one he wanted to know from me) was represented by the use of online programs which allow you to edit and save documents in some servers. Google Docs is one of them.

I’m still newly-fledged with it but I can see immediately its strong points:
- everything you write is saved automatically, so that you are safe from pc failure and oversight;
- if you want, you can share your documents with other users, which can edit your text as well;
- you can see all the changes you or they made by looking at its history (like on wiki);
- you can write a piece of text online and then save it in your pc choosing the format you prefer, even PDF.

Personally, I find it really useful. My internet connection speed is very slow at home, so I usually go to the lab of university in order to work online. I use to save my search on a pen drive but, up to now, I lost as many as three of them (and everyone had pictures of me and my friends :S ). As matters stand, I think I will use this tool soooo much!

No comments:

Post a Comment